27 June 2007

For Fred Thompson Supporters

It's pretty much a given that he is going to run. Without announcing his candidacy, he is second in the polls behind the social liberal, Giuliani. Now, if I had to compare Fred to anyone... no, it wouldn't be Reagan... Reagan allowed Amnesty ... I'd have to say John Wayne. Don't beat me for blasphemy against the Duke. I'm mearly stating my opinion. A history professor wrote about the Duke .. "Wayne lived in a world of absolutes. He did not like ambiguity. He lived in a world where, in his mind, right was right and wrong was wrong. And evil was real and evil had to be crushed with violence if necessary. There's a generation of Americans that kind of grew up with Wayne, matured with Wayne and grew old with Wayne, through all the trials and traumas of modern American history — and in doing so, found in him a voice they understood." I think that is the closest discription of Fred I have heard... and it wasn't even about him.
If it's not obvious enough that I plan to support him, I've already pledged to volunteer, which, as I said before I volunteered with his grassroots campaign back in '96 in Tn. phone banking, signing, manning booths, and even door to door campaigning. I plan to do the same. I don't go out of my way for something I am not passionate about. If anyone is interested in doing the same or learning more please visit his site
http://www.imwithfred.com

Voting Record Highlights:
Thompson was not in the senate to vote at the time of the Iraq War, but does support it.
Voted YES on Balanced-budget constitutional amendment.
Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes.
Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage.
Voted YES on increasing penalties for drug offenses.
Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows.
Voted YES on limit welfare for immigrants. Voted YES on limiting death penalty appeals.
Voted YES on limiting the President's power to impose economic sanctions.
Voted YES on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration.
Voted YES on Approving the presidential line-item veto.
Voted NO on prohibiting same-sex basic training.
Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions.
Voted YES on banning human cloning.
Voted YES on welfare overhaul.

No comments: